How You Can Help
Although we receive the funding for our key services from the county, state and federal government, your contributions to Lakes Homes & Program Development, Inc., will help us offer additional programs such as horticultural therapy, community center scholarships and adaptive equipment. Our agency is a 501C-3 organization, which means the IRS classifies your donation as charitable giving. Click on the Donate button or they can be sent to our corporate offices.
We Care Stickers:
Central Market in Detroit Lakes has developed a We Care Program, whereby they will offer contributions in return for their store’s receipts marked with the We Care Sticker. When visiting Central Market, please ask for a We Care Sticker and bring or mail the receipt to our corporate offices. County Market will return a donation to us based on each dollar on the receipts.
Detroit Lakes Area United Way:
Over the past number of years, the Detroit Lakes Area United Way has provided funds to assist parents or guardians in the funding of clients into our respite care program. Your donations to the Detroit Lakes Area United Way are very much appreciated.
● “This is by far the best group home ‘client’ has been in.”
● “Everyone is wonderful to ‘client’ - very caring - I thank you all so very much.”
● “We appreciate our ‘client’ having a real home, whether old or new, and having care givers who are genuinely interested in mentally and physically disabled and who are pursuing education in that field.”
● “This is definitely the best “home” ‘client’ has ever had. “
● “I have felt very comfortable with ‘client’s’ placement at Lakes Homes and feel you are very in tune with clients and their needs.”